- Be among the first to hear about our new special travel deals
- Enjoy the very best all inclusive rates and discounts
- No spam
Save up to 46% when you book between May 20th and May 25th for stays from June 1st through August 31st
Save up to 46% on stays in July rates starting from only $117 per person
Save up to 46% on your May or June vacations rates starting from only $118 per person
Book now and save 42% when you stay in August rates starting from only $111 per person
New offerings include Free WiFi and concierge premium drink service by the pool in Occidental Grand Papagayo
PLAN YOUR TRIP
Occidental Grand Papagayo Resort
Treat yourself to an adults-only getaway at the all-inclusive Occidental Grand Papagayo Resort, located in Guanacaste, Costa Rica. Here you'll find everything you could hope for from a resort in Costa Rica: a beautiful natural setting, a relaxed and comfortable environment, and the opportunity for adventure and exploration. This tropical paradise resort is exclusively for those 18 years and older.
As you plan your stay, consider our Royal Club opportunity, which provides exclusive opportunities to dine at restaurants, visit our Royal Club Lounge, and benefit from all of the amenities available at the Grand Papagayo Resort.
- Unlimited meals and snacks
- Unlimited premium brand beverages at 4 bars including the Royal Club Lounge
- Three a la carte specialty restaurants and a Buffet restaurant serving international specialties
- A Snack Bar serving snacks and beverages
- Complimentary WiFi in public areas
- Free-form freshwater swimming pool
- Pool Concierge drink service
- Wide selection of local activities (diving*, cycling*, trekking, bird watching and observing exotic animals)
- A wide selection of non-motorized land and water sports activities such as tennis, bocce ball, archery, chess, kayaking, boogie boarding, snorkeling and paddle board and scuba lesson in the pool.
- Access to a wide selection of tours and excursions incl. eco-adventure tours* in Guanacaste, Costa Rica
- An entertaining schedule of day and night time activities
- Disco serving light snacks
- Option of a full-service spa*
- Access to nearby golf*
- Meeting Rooms
- Special packages for weddings, honeymoons, and business trips
- Adults Only age 18 and up
- (*)Services not included and have an additional cost.
- All inclusive
- Adults Only
Looking for an all-inclusive Costa Rica resort near the Gulf of Papagayo? Occidental Hotels & Resorts offer the best beachfront properties on the North Pacific Coast of Costa Rica. It’s a magical place blessed with unique natural beauty, awe inspiring cliffs, and breath taking, unspoiled warm-water beaches which, together with the local cuisine, make it one of the leading travel destinations in the country.
Sitting at the foot of the cliffs on Culebra Bay in the Gulf of Papagayo, our hotel offers you the sound of the sea, the songs and trills of native birds, the aroma of the local plants and flowers, and the warmth of our attentive staff.
Fiesta de la Yeguita (Little Mare) Nicoya
On December 11th and 12th 2015 you can be part of the community of Nicoya, which is gathering to celebrate the Fiesta de la Yeguita (“Feast of the Little Mare”) in honor to Our Lady of Guadalupe, patron saint of the region of Nicoya in Costa Rica. It’s a particular religious party that takes place every year, where there’s a combination of traditional native and catholic traditions. The congregation of the village in the streets for making a procession with the image of Our Lady of Guadalupe, as well as a parade of a man who dances to the music of the flute and drums, known as the dance of “la yeguita” plus concerts, are some of the activities you can attend. The celebration is based in the legend of two brothers that fought in a hill and before they suffered a disgrace, the neighbors asked for help to the Virgin. Then, among the trees, appeared a mare that separated the brothers and returned the peace to the village. The closure of the activity will be the Procession of the Candles with a dance to the rhythm of the Marimba.
Annexation Guanacaste Day
Celebrates the annexation of the "Partido de Nicoya" in 1824, known today as the province of Guanacaste, Costa Rica with fiestas, folk dances, topes, cattle shows, bullfights, and concerts.
Marine Turtle Nesting Site
In Marino las Baulas National Park the largest marine reptiles in the world, the Leatherback Sea Turtles or Baulas as they are known in Spanish, come here in huge numbers during the months of November to April to mate and lay their eggs.